Wednesday, May 9, 2007

And so the journey begins...

Hey everyone!

Well, the time has finally come for my long awaited volunteer trip to Africa to begin. Today I jumped on a plane to... well to Ottawa actually, to do a little visiting, but I will be in Toronto on Monday, along with the rest of the MUNHOPE gang, for our orientation with YCI and CIDA.

I found out yesterday that I will have access to internet (MUNHOPE will have access to one hour of satelite internet per week), while working in the refugee camp, so I will try to keep this blog updated.

I am sure that my volunteer experience in Guyana has prepared me somewhat for this new prject in Africa, but so much is still unknown. I really have no idea what to expect for myself, or for the MUNHOPE team. My hope is that we will make a positive impact at the camp, implement programs with sustainability, and to come away from the experience changed for the better.

Kwa heri,
Heather

No comments: