Monday, June 25, 2007

Back to Dar

Today was our last day in the refugee settlement.
We packed up early and caught the 9:30 bus to Dar.
Our time in Chogo was definitely memorable and I am sure our experiences there will serve as great life lessons.
I believe the last five weeks have changed us all. Not dramatically, but I know speaking for myself, my appreciation for life back home has definietly been re-newed. I am glad that I have been given the chance to experience life in a developing country for the second time now. With each trip comes new realizations. This project was so different from my last project mostly because of the refugee situation. Refugees are an interesting group of people. They have been forced to leave their homelands, are unsure of when or if they will ever go home, and unfortunately are stripped of many of their basic human rights. 

Okay, and now for alittle cahnge of pace because I am running out of internet time. I have actually wrote this blog at two different times. I am now in Arusha with everyone except Heather O'dea and Gillian. We are all getting ready to start our safari tomorrow and are very excited. Although it was sad to leave Chogo we are all now slowly moving into the vacation mindset and are very much looking forward to the wonderful sights we are about to see.

Tonight we are staying a nice hotel, with hot showers and a nice resturant, a far cry from what we have become accostumed too!!

I will be sure to write more about Chogo and the safari the next time I have access to internet... which may very well be when I arrive in Paris.

Until then,
Heather

No comments: